Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 10:34:21 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        "Andrew C. Hornback" <achornback@worldnet.att.net>
Cc:        "Gerald T. Freymann" <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>, Matthew Graybosch <matthew@starbreaker.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Best X Windows Manager for Newbies

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

Andrew C. Hornback <achornback@worldnet.att.net> wrote:
>=20
> 	If you're wanting something that bare looking but with some added
> functionality... why not try OLVWM?  It's quite stripped down, but does
> allow for multiple desktops (which I'm an extreme fan of).  I even run OL=
VWM
> on my laptop (KDE and Gnome basically bring it to a crawl).

Not entirely true there.  That 'v' in the name means 'virtual desktop'.

The original 'olwm' (also known as `Open Look Window Manager') did not
support virtual desktops.  Then olvwm came along, with virtual
desktops and stuff.

One of the most beautiful window managers, if you ask me.  I really
liked Open Look, from the first time I saw it running on Sun X clients
at our University department.

-giorgos

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw

--GvXjxJ+pjyke8COw--