Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 21:50:54 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        obituary <c9710216@atlas.newcastle.edu.au>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problem with cvsup

[cutting down cc list -- there are very few reasons to post anything
to both -current and -stable]

obituary wrote:

> > Why are you using kernel pppd instead of userland ppp?
>
> Why not?  Is there some issue regarding kernel pppd that I'm not aware
> of?  I used kernel pppd simply because I assumed the kernel
> implementation would be more efficient, and I'd had prior experience
> using pppd (under Linux).

Userland ppp is easier to configure, better supported, and much more
feature rich. It's the prefered ppp for all but the [comparatively]
few who know exactly why they want pppd.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Your usefulness to my realm ended the day you made it off Hustaing
alive."
		-- Sun Tzu Liao to his ex-finacee, Isis Marik