Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:50:30 +0600 (NS)
From:      Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   collect2 and cplus-dem.c in binutils

hi, there!

will collect2 be built in base system?
btw binutils have in their libiberty cplus-dem.c which is incompatible
with that which is used in gcc 2.9x.x. the result is broken -frepo
in egcs and gcc-devel ports in -current.

I filed one PR about it but I was rather tired yesterday and did not
noticed that C++ demangler in gcc is more recent than that one in
binutils.

Affected tools are addr2line, nm, objdump and (most important) ld.
The problem can be fixed by using demangle.h and cplus-dem.c from
gcc when building libiberty for binutils.

/fjoe