Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:00:19 -0500
From:      "Martin Gignac (LMC)" <lmcgign@lmc.ericsson.se>
To:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Addendum: Does FreeBSD 3.5 support the AIC-7899 chipset from Adap tec...

I forgot to mention that the reason I am asking the question is that we are
trying to install FreeBSD 3.4 on a Dell PowerEdge 2450 system using the
kernel and mfsroot floppies. Once it comes up to the disk configuration
screen, it complains that no hard drives can be found (or at least something
to that effect). I am assuming that this is because of lack of support for
the AIC-7899 SCSI controller used in the system.

Thanks again!

-Martin