Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 15:15:49 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@masternet.it>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A2940uw doesn't find cdrom(s) with the boot floppy & more

> Tried to boot , it fails to find the cdroms and the tape (sigh).

Erm, can you tell me more about what happened and your config?

> Other thing : It seems that sysinstall has some troubles with the
> refresh of the video, mixing togheter two video pages or not drawing
> some parts of the text... I am using an mga matrox millenium...

Under what circumstances?

People, please, if you're going to report a problem don't just say
"Well, it didn't work on my system.  Couldn't find my hardware."  Such
"bug reports" are totally and utterly useless to me or anyone else on
this list and you might as well just not say anything at all! :-(

If FreeBSD fails to detect your hardware, I need to know _what_
hardware it fails to detect.  If there's some weird bug where your
screen gets messed up I need to know _where_ it gets messed up and
what you were doing at the time.  If it fails to install, I need to
know _how_ you tried to install it.  These are all important details
that people routinely omit from their bug reports and I'm not a
psychic! :-)

Thanks!

					Jordan