Date:      Sat, 26 Jan 2013 16:06:14 -0500
From:      Fbsd8 <fbsd8@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Zyumbilev, Peter" <peter@aboutsupport.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: jails bind ip

Zyumbilev, Peter wrote:
>> Are you saying you installed the Debian 6.0 operating system
>> inside of a Freebsd jail and expect it to function?
>>

> on top of all works ;-) Look at mailing list archives earlier ...See
> mails from me.
>

> Peter

Ok I read the archive thread subject "jails".
You read a reply pointing you to a French howto.

http://blog.etoilebsd.net/post/Emprisonner_une_debian_dans_un_FreeBSD

I don't read French so have no idea what you did.
In another post you said you did this procedure
1. Use
http://download.openvz.org/template/precreated/debian-6.0-x86.tar.gz
instead of the file listed in the French howto.
2. Run sysctl compat.linux.osrelease=2.6.32 in Freebsd shell before
starting the jail, otherwise you will get error "kernel too old".

Don't understand what you mean by "shell" in the the above #2 sentence.

The info you provided is so lacking in details. People here on the list
are not going to try to duplicate your steps just to get a understanding
of your situation.

When asking a question it's your job to describe in detail what your
situation is. What your trying to achieve by using a jail. What
applications you installed in your jail. The jail statements you used to
create your jail. So on and so forth.

No details results in no replies.
If you want helpful replies start with more and better details.

 From a very general point of view. You can populate a jails directory
tree with anything you want and the jail will still start. Having the
jail start does not mean anything you put in side of the jail is
working. Which is what I think is happening in your case.

With out details I can not help you any further.

Good luck.