Date:      Sun, 05 Sep 1999 13:56:35 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Doug <Doug@gorean.org>
Subject:   Re: request for review: move of /var/cron/log to /var/log/cron.log

> 	The only thing I don't like about this is that it introduces a point of
> incompatibility between FreeBSD and other unices, and I'm not sure the

I think there was a lot of this sort of "compatibility" lost when BSD
introduced its whole hier(7) enforced subtree scheme, and about the
only OSes we're compatible with on log locations are other BSDs.

And I think there's a good chance of getting them to sync with this
commit since it does just Make Sense(tm).

- Jordan