Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 1996 10:19:20 -0400
From:      Ben Wern <bwern@jaxnet.com>
To:        HMG coA reductase <s_koyin@eduserv.its.unimelb.EDU.AU>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Telnet Misconfigured?

>G'day, i think ttyp? should all be "network" because getty std.9600
>configures it for serial port dial-up. ttyd? should be the serial
>terminals.

Thanks for the reply. Setting them to network gives me the following
response, after I get the double identification / login prompt:

telnetd: login_tty: Operation not permitted

My immediate thought was that I might have set it to secure, but then, that
wouldn't have any effect until I tried to log in as root, correct?

Ben

 bwern@jaxnet.com or bwern@unf.edu
    Try New and Improved Jello: V 2.0
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think
   I have ended up where I intended to be."