Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 13:25:25 -0500
From:      Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>
To:        Jeremy Norris <ishmael27@home.com>, K.J.Bosschaart@wtb.tue.nl
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DRI w/ XFree-4.0.2 and Voodoo3

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:48:22AM -0600, Jeremy Norris wrote:
> There were some patches that floated by a week ago or two on
> freebsd-current mailing list to get tdfx drm modules to build. That
> plus that the glide3 patches that floated by on this list a week ago
> on the multimedia list are enough to get hardware accelerated GL on
> Voodoo3's with XFree86 4.0.2 (I'm running it currently at home).  I
> have glide3 port skeleton worked out also, but since glide project
> hasn't released for over a year, you have to get source code from
> CVS (if someone can host a distfile, and the author of the glide3
> patches is willing, I can submit this port).

If that's all it takes, I'd be more than willing to provide some FTP
space.  I have a Voodoo 3 card and have never managed to get the right
combination of things to have accelerated OpenGL.  This really needs
a port.
--
Christopher Masto         Senior Network Monkey      NetMonger Communications
chris@netmonger.net        info@netmonger.net        http://www.netmonger.net

Free yourself, free your machine, free the daemon -- http://www.freebsd.org/