Date:      Fri, 19 May 2000 14:00:11 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Stephan Kulow <coolo@kde.org>
Cc:        kde-devel@kde.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C++ exception handling and non Linux platforms

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 05:40:48PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> It's not that easy to do it right. But the new libtool (which is not yet
> in our HEAD branch) has support for all kind of weired platform/compilers,
> so you can do that. I'm collecting votes to put the instability issues
> that come with the new libtool - and I count yours in :)

Hi Stephan!  :-)

As the KDE1/KDE2 port maintainer (I maintain the ports for the core
distribution of KDE on FreeBSD), I'd be willing to put in some work to
help get this new libtool out as soon as possible!  In the meantime I
will commit the necessary changes to support the __eh_rtime_match symbol
in KDE2 ports.  (I've always thought it was weird that these libgcc
libraries don't get built with a shared library companion, only static).

Respectfully,
--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>