Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 17:40:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        Questions list <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: full var directory

On Tue, 15 May 2001, G. Jason Middleton wrote:

> why is my damn var directory full?  I have searched the log directory to
> see if my logs were to big but that seems not to be the problem.  Is
> there something else i need to be checking?

	# du /var

Will show you what files/dirs are using what space.  `man du` for more
information.  Once you figure out which files are taking up the most
space, you can email your findings back to this list and someone will help
you.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
 - Keep on Routing in a Free World...
  "FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!"