Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:15:52 -0600
From:      bmcallister@edgenet.com (Bryan McAllister)
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Alliance/Partnership

I believe there is an opportunity for Free BSD and EdgeNet to form a
marketing alliance
partnership.

EdgeNet is an ISV specializing in Linux software development.  We are
currently marketing a community commerce product that we would like to
include with the Free BSD disk set or promote on the Free BSD site.  Below
is a summary of product functionality and our distribution model.

EdgeNet provides licenses for our Bondware product free of charge to any web
hosting provider who is interested in establishing on-line communities.  We
would welcome the opportunity to bundle our software with Free BSD and
would do so at no cost to Free BSD.

Please contact me so that we can discuss possible partnership arrangements.

Bryan McAllister
Product Marketing Manager
bmcallister@edgenet.com
W:  615-234-3814
C:  615-497-6143

www.bondware.com
www.edgenet.com

The Bondware line of branded software applications is built on the Edge
Application Server Environment (EASE) proprietary thin-server application
architecture.

Built specifically to address the high cost and complexity of building
dynamic e-business web applications, EASE enables the development of
sophisticated, data-driven web sites on a variety of platforms commonly
utilized by web hosting providers.  EASE substantially reduces the time and
cost of developing and deploying e-business applications to the Web.

Description

Bondware bundles web-based marketing tools, an e-commerce shopping cart and
on-line community development modules to create a turnkey commerce community
package.  Bondware eliminates both the technical and financial barriers to
entry to e-commerce by utilizing open source and shareware platforms
combined with simplified, browser-based site administration.

Bondware allows any hosting provider to seamlessly establish on-line
commerce communities for their small business customers.  Bondware
communities require no technical or programming experience to set-up and
maintain thereby eliminating costly coding and maintenance expenses for the
small business owner.  Key product features include:
·	browser based site administration
·	e-commerce shopping cart
·	opt-in, push e-mail
·	article publishing
·	banner advertising management
·	affiliate marketing programs
·	Java chat
·	discussion forums
·	polling
·	member profiling and extensive site statistics

Bondware is built on the EASE platform in combination with mySQL, Apache Web
server, and Java.  Bondware takes advantage of the mySQL database to
collect, assimilate and report on a wide variety of web site statistics.
The small business owner is provided with a range of information that
here-to-fore was only accessible through major systems development and
integration efforts.

Business Model

Bondware is distributed through a network of licensed resellers comprised of
ISPs, ASPs and other web hosting companies.  Consistent with its core
competence, EdgeNet provides the software technology while the partner
provides infrastructure, billing and technical support.

EdgeNet provides a reseller license free of charge to any capable partner.
In turn, the reseller sells commerce communities to small businesses in
their respective service areas.  Consistent with the open nature of the
Internet, EdgeNet does not provide territorial exclusivity to any reseller.

Resellers are permitted to set the pricing for site set-up and hosting.  The
standard agreement calls for the reseller to provide EdgeNet with $250 each
time a site is established and $30 per month as long as the site is live.
Typically, the reseller charges about $500 for set-up and $150 per month for
hosting.  EdgeNet’s pricing to the reseller is negotiable based on volume
and marketing commitments.

Bryan McAllister
Product Marketing Manager
bmcallister@edgenet.com