Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 2000 13:08:49 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonathan.chen@itouch.co.nz>
To:        "Martin Gignac (LMC)" <lmcgign@lmc.ericsson.se>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Addendum: Does FreeBSD 3.5 support the AIC-7899 chipset from Adap tec...

On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 07:00:19PM -0500, Martin Gignac (LMC) wrote:
> I forgot to mention that the reason I am asking the question is that we are
> trying to install FreeBSD 3.4 on a Dell PowerEdge 2450 system using the
> kernel and mfsroot floppies. Once it comes up to the disk configuration
> screen, it complains that no hard drives can be found (or at least something
> to that effect). I am assuming that this is because of lack of support for
> the AIC-7899 SCSI controller used in the system.

With the PowerEdges, I think you've got to change the BIOS setting so
that it doesn't use the SCSI card as a RAID card. Otherwise, I think
you're out of luck, and may have to get at least 4.2 in order to
install it with RAID.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen                                       Once is dumb luck.
                                                 Twice is coincidence.