Date:      Thu, 27 Jul 2000 12:12:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Morten Seeberg <morten@seeberg.dk>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.1 Release Tag

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, Morten Seeberg wrote:

> Ehh, did I miss something?
>
> First of all the release tag is 3 digits 4_1_0, I thought this stopped with
> 2.x.x?

Nope, still the same.  See any file in the cvs tree
(e.g. http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/Makefile) that's been
around for a few years and you will see how the release tags have been
consistent.

> And I also thought that there was a code-freeze of 30 days on both major and
> minor releases? is this wrong?

A week or so is the norm for a code-freeze on a minor release.  Major
releases tend to have longer code-{slushes|freezes} to stabilize when
coming from -current.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org