Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 1997 11:26:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Quotas w/NFS

I just need someone to shout out if my idea of how to implement quotas on
FreeBSD NFS servers and clients is completely wrong :

boxa : NFS server
boxb : NFS client

Am I right in assuming that :

1. Both boxes need to have "OPTIONS QUOTA" compiled into their kernels
2. Both boxes need to use the "userquota" option when mounting the
filesystems (local or over NFS) in /etc/fstab
3. Only the server box runs has "check_quotas=YES" in /etc/sysconfig
(which in turn runs quotaon)
4. The server needs to have rpc.rquotad uncommented in /etc/inetd.conf

If I've made any glaring errors here, I'd appreciate someone letting me
know.

--
j.