Date:      Mon, 04 Mar 2002 21:48:46 -0500
From:      Jud <jud@operamail.com>
To:        Dave Cantrell <phaedrus@alltel.net>, Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Opera freezes on startup

3/3/2002 2:36:41 PM, Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de> wrote:

[snip]
>I am afraid I don't have the least idea what TP3 and B1 are.

Opera for Linux major version 6.0, Technology Preview 3 (Opera
Software's name for a public alpha release) and Beta One.  These are
the two most recent Linux-Opera builds ported to FreeBSD.

[Dave Cantrell]
>> I e-mailed the maintainer this morning informing him of
>> (my/the) continuing problem.  I understand that he cannot
>> reproduce the problem, so any help we (those of us with the
>> problem) can give him might help.

[Ptr. U. Kruppa]
>What can I do? Send him the output of
># pkg_version  ?
>
>Uli.

Have a look at the FreeBSD PR, http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-
pr.cgi?pr=ports/34110 .  DES asks for a ktrace.  I've sent him one, and
perhaps others have as well.  (Also note from the PR re associated
software that I and Jose Alcaide have both reported that neither the 6.1
nor the 7.1 version of the Linuxulator seems to work.  This certainly is
not intended to imply that sending the output of pkg_version might not
be useful.)

Jud