Date:      Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:10:42 -0600
From:      "J.D. Bronson" <jbronson@wixb.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3 and HT with SMP

At 08:42 AM 12/28/2004, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
>I had all kinds of problems with 5.2.1 - disk controller related.  I'm
>running 5.3 RELEASE now on a P4-3.0 with HT support, and it's fine.
>
>I assume there are no log entries in /var/logs/messages?

Nothing!!! - just the fsck on the way back up...

>And, are you running a generic or custom kernel?

I was running a custom kernel...so I rebuilt the generic kernel
and it still rebooted....

I will be trying this again..fresh install (no custom kernel) and IDE.
If it still crashes, I will be asking the group for some help..I can even
hook a laptop up to the console to capture things 24/7 if needed.

5.2.1 was rock solid. Although 5.3 performs better overall :)

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Services // Milwaukee, WI USA