Date:      Thu, 10 Sep 1998 18:12:56 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Co=EFdan?=  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= ), John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard), current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Moving aout libs (part of aout->elf upgrade)

On Sep 11,  2:07am, Dag-Erling =?iso-8859-1?Q?Co=EFdan?=  =?iso-8859-1 wrote:
} John Birrell  <jb@cimlogic.com.au> writes:
} > OK. All I can say is that people really are brave just trusting a process
} > like this!
}
} Why? It worked flawlessly for me.

It barfed for me because I don't have /usr/X11R6, let alone /usr/X11R6/lib,
therefore /usr/X11R6/lib/aout wasn't created.  Apparently ldconfig isn't
happy if you specify a non-existent directory.  Makefile.upgrade probably
shouldn't include non-existent directories in LIBDIRS.

Creating the missing directories allowed me to successfully make
aout-to-elf-install.