Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 1998 11:33:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Cassandra M. Perkins" <cassy@loop.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bus Error

I'm running 2.2.5 on a Pentium 150Mhz computer.  I increased the memory
from 32MB to 128MB, before I installed a new kernel with the option to
increase the memory limit.  When I restarted the machine it came up with
several segmentation faults when trying to start diffent processes.  I
reduced the memory to 64MB, but it still took a couple of reboots before
the server would come up without the segmentation errors or a "Bus error"
that kept coming up.

I created a new kernel, tested it, and then re-installed the additional
memory.  Throughout, I had to boot a few times to get it to come up
without the errors.  Even without the segmentation fault at the beginning,
I still encounter the "Bus error" complaint.

Does anyone know what could cause the "Bus error"?  Could it mean
something is wrong with my kernel or hardware?

Thank you.