Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:01:29 -0400
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   fatal: cipher_init: EVP_CipherInit: set key failed for aes128-cbc [preauth]

Am I the only person to be seeing this log message from sshd:

fatal: cipher_init: EVP_CipherInit: set key failed for aes128-cbc [preauth]

?

(security/openssh-portable, with HPN patches and MIT Kerberos,
although Kerberos is not actually configured on this server.)  A
work-around is to disable aes128-cbc in sshd_config, but it would be
nice not to have my logs spammed with this.  Currently running
openssh-portable-6.2.p2_3,1, and I think it started with upgrade to
6.2.

-GAWollman