Date:      Wed, 28 Feb 2001 08:46:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        James McNaughton <jtm63@enteract.com>
Cc:        <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: end of 3-stable support

> I find this thread disturbing. It seems to me that I'll have to abandon
> 3.5-STABLE if I want to install any new apps after this.

Porters who want to support FreeBSD 3.x still can.  It seems there won't
be any help from Satoshi Asami though.  Maybe there'll be help from you.
:)

> Will my AWE-32 still work?

AFAIK the wavetable in the EMU8000 won't (if you find out differently I'd
like to hear about it--I have one of those cards too).

> Will my Number Nine Rev-3d still work? It's not supported in XF86-4.x
> you know.

XFree86 3.3.6 is still available.
--
Trevor Johnson