Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:19:51 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re-partitioning FreeBSD system "on the fly"

I have a FreeBSD system on a 13 GB disk which I really want to
re-partition by trimming the 12 GB /usr partition back to 9 GB and
creating a new partition of 3 GB.

Is there a safe way to do this without dumping the partition,
re-partitioning, and restoring it? It looks like this should be
possible, but I don't feel really comfortable about it.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)