Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 2002 08:41:37 +0100
From:      Edward Brocklesby <nighthawk@unrealircd.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netns and protosw

Julian Elischer:
> is idp_input called directly or through the table?

It's called through the table, along with spp_*(), idp_*(), etc (netns's
equivalent to TCP and UDP, SOCK_STREAM and SOCK_DGRAM respectively).

> the protosw format was changed in a rather non portable way during the
> importing of ipv6. If your routine as called directly, then there is
> actually no reason to have it in the protosw.

Hm, what do you mean by 'directly'? Is there a place where protocol
routines may be called other than through protosw?

Also, is the meaning of the int argument to these functions explained
somewhere? I see netinet's tcp_input calls it 'off0'; but I can't
see how this is converted to a struct inpcb (if it is at all, that is.)

	-larne.