Date:      Thu, 25 Aug 2005 23:17:46 -0400
From:      Damian Gerow <dgerow@afflictions.org>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: quality soundcard

Thus spake Vulpes Velox (v.velox@vvelox.net) [23/08/05 21:51]:
: > How do I find out whether a given card is a WSS/MSS card?
: > Would you explicitly recommend one of these?
:
: I would suggest looking into OSS drivers as well.

The OSS drivers support some very, very nice soundcards.  I highly recommend
anything based on VIA's Envy24, if you're going to use OSS drivers.

That being said, I'd really like to get native drivers for it.  So I'll prod
again: is there anyone I can speak to about getting these drivers written?