Date:      Sun, 4 May 1997 18:29:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, john@o-farrell.com
Subject:   Re: Installing FBSD on a second harddisk.

I run FreeBSD from a jaz cartridge.  I have two IDE drives which are
running Windows and OS/2 (oops, not supposed to say that out loud!) and
the jaz is attached to an Adaptec AHA-1542.  By disabling the IDE drives
through the systems BIOS, I can get the Adaptec to treat the jaz as a
bootable C: drive, and installation and bootup proceed normally.

I could not get the jaz drive to boot with the IDE drives enabled, but I
believe that's due to a limitation in the 1542's BIOS that only allows it
to map a C: or D: drive on startup.

K.S.