Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 19:17:40 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        Marius <marius@mail.communityconnect.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ImageMagick

On Fri, Mar 30, 2001 at 11:07:25AM -0500, Marius wrote:

> According to the makefile, ya'll are the default mainatiners of this:
>
> # $FreeBSD: ports/graphics/ImageMagick/Makefile,v 1.103 2001/03/13
> 22:36:26 sf E
> xp $
> #
> PORTNAME=       ImageMagick
> PORTVERSION=    5.2.9
> PORTREVISION=   1
>
> I keep getting the same error when I try to make this port, and from what
> I understand, this looks like an error in how to port is built and
> configured.  I tried cvsuping a whole new world and ports, but the I just
> got a very similar error with a updated system type.  Sepcifically, I
> think it is dying on the following error:
>
> >ltconfig: unrecognized option `--build=i386--freebsd4.3'
> >Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
> >configure: error: libtool configure failed

Aaaahhrrm.. when you say 'a whole new world and ports', did you also
mean 'and updated the ports that are out-of-date, especially the ones
ImageMagick needs to build, especially devel/libtool'?

This error is given by an older version of libtool; try deinstalling
it and installing 1.3.4_2 from the devel/libtool port.

G'luck,
Peter

--
Do you think anybody has ever had *precisely this thought* before?