Date:      Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:40:48 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Lindows.Com

peter prodded,

> Did you guys (and ladies) hear about this lately in the news?  An
> ex-employee of MP3.COM is founding a company called Lindows that will run
> M$FT applications on a Linuxey OS; The company has already won the first of
> probably many lawsuits about the same-name similarity and potential for
> confusing consumers :-/

not quite.  They did *not* win a lawsuit, but a pretrial ruling, in
which MS sought to bar them from using the name. This still could occur
at trial (but is unlikely).

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail