Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 1997 14:47:31 -0400
From:      Mark Segal <mark@club-web.com>
To:        aaron <Aaron@MetroNy.com>, freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [freebsd-isp] Recommendations for Website Search Engine?

aaron wrote:

> I am looking for a way to index the websites in a virtual hosting setup. I
> have been trying excite EWS (http://www.excite.com/navigate/home.html) for a
> while now and after rewriting the Perl so it actually runs I am getting a
> core dump.
I personally used glimpse (now it's a port). Basically, glimpse indexes
the files and searchs the index, and then i wrote my own script to parse
through the info.. Hmm.. simple.. but i can formulate the ouput.. and
fix it when it decides that it is no longer working.. :)

mark

--
Mark Segal
mark@club-web.com