Date:      Tue, 15 May 2001 16:40:01 -0500
From:      Ronnie Clark <RClark@swst.com>
To:        "'Freebsd-Questions (E-mail)" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NEC QuadSpin SCSI CD Rom and NEC SCSI card

Hello all,

  Is anyone using any of the old NEC SCSI MultiSpin CD Roms in Free BSD? I
have 4.1.1 and can't seem to get it to recognize the controller card. I have
looked in dmesg and I see adv0, and some base config errors. According to
the book I have, "The Complete FreeBSD" by Greg Lehay, 'adv' is a Symlogic
Narrow SCSI or something like that. So, again, if anyone is using these old
cards and have settings please share. Otherwise, I have to go and buy
another SCSI card to use.

Thank you,
Ronnie Clark
A+, MCSE, CCSA, CCSE