Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 1997 18:44:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A few questions

On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 18 Apr 1997, The Classiest Man Alive wrote:
>
> > (1) How can I get emacs to accept my Backspace key for backspacing rather
> > than my delete key?
>
> stty erase <backspace>

Just to amplify a bit, that's "stty erase ^H".  That's a ^ and then an H,
which stty knows means control-H.

> > (4) Does anyone know if XFree86 supports any 3-D video cards.  Not that it
> > needs to support their 3-D functionality, just that X-Windows would run
> > with it.
>
> Not sure.  You would have to check with XFree86 (http://www.xfree86.org).

I have a Diamond Stealth 3D 2000, which mostly works fine with XFree86 3.2
(the driver causes an occasional system hang, though, so I wouldn't
recommend this hardware/software combination particularly.  I don't know
whether it's fixed in 3.2A or not).

 Ben

"You have your mind on computers, it seems."