Date:      Fri, 09 Aug 2002 22:50:15 -0500
From:      "Ronneil Camara" <neil@restricted.dyndns.org>
To:        FreeBSD-STABLE@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   What do you think about STABLE?

I've been seeing a lot of post which doesn't sound good about STABLE. 3 Days
ago, I cvsup and make buildworld and installed new kernel without any
problem. Today, there is another machine that I want to upgrade from
4.5-STABLE to 4.6-STABLE. What do you think about cvsup'ing today and making
the world? Are there still any problems? Should I just wait for a couple of
days? Actually, the reason why I wanted to upgrade to 4.6-STABLE is because
the perl that comes with my 4.5-STABLE is only version 5.005_03. And when I
try to compile mod-perl, it says something "undefined" then goes back to the
prompt.

If there is an easier way of upgrading my perl, then I won't have to make
buildworld and the other stuff. And my other concern is that the freebsd is
a remote machine. So if it got hosed, then I am f-up. :)

Thanks.

Neil