Date:      26 Jul 1998 14:21:50 +0200
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?= )
To:        Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro>
Cc:        Gerald Ehritz <ehritz@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pine 3.96 locks 3.0-980621 completely

Adrian Penisoara <ady@warpnet.ro> writes:
>  Other people complained about persmission issues too; it seems like
> ftp.FreeBSD.org changes the permissions of the uploaded files in
> /pub/FreeBSD/incoming to smth. like o-rwx ; strangely I can get the file

Yes. This was necessary to stop /pub/FreeBSD/incoming from filling up
with WaReZ. There was a discussion about this on -commit a while back,
IIRC; you may want to search the archives.

> with Netscape but not with wget or ftp...

You shouldn't be able to get them at all.

>   Who's in charge with ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD maintainance ?

freebsd-maintainers@ftp.freebsd.org

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - dag-erli@ifi.uio.no