Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 1995 22:41:58 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su
Cc:        dawes@rf900.physics.usyd.edu.au, hackers@freebsd.org, rich@freebsd.org, jmz@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xterm dumps core

Gosh, so many mails on this topic, but I'll reply to this one.

 * >If it is distributed as the standard source + patches which get applied
 * >at build time, then fine.  I'm not really worried about the run-time set.
 *
 * Yes, it is distributed as standard tarred source and my patch applied
 * even at install time. But it is distributed as ready-to-run FreeBSD
 * binaries set too with my patch imbedded.

This is not correct.  As far as I know, Rich Murphey (who is getting
this mail via CC:), who is responsible for building XFree86 binaries
for the releases, is not using /usr/ports/x11/XFree86.  The latter was
invented and maintained by Jean-Marc Zucconi.

 In particular, if you build from the one in ports, you won't get many
 of the programs on the contrib tape (most notably xload and xeyes).

I'm not sure what I should do on this, can you (Andrey) check with
Rich and Jean-Marc and make sure we are all in sync?  Or you guys
(Rich and Jean-Marc) can just reply to this mail.

Satoshi