Date:      Mon, 26 Oct 1998 16:47:11 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        Sebastian Lederer <lederer@bonn-online.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Patch for src/sys/i386/isa/wd.c

Sebastian Lederer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How about the following patch to src/sys/i386/isa/wd.c ? It fills in the
> disk model name (and disk type) when reading the in-core disk label via
> the DIOCGDINFO ioctl(), if it has not already been set. Tested and
> working on a couple of machines. It's just a simple way for userland
> programs to identify IDE disks by name (which is what I need for a
> FreeBSD installation program).

	This compiles and runs fine on -stable, any chance you could supply
code that would show me the label?  I think this is a fine idea, and I'd
even like to see it in the boot message. More information provided to
the user is always a good thing.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***