Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 11:01:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <deischen@freebsd.org>
To:        Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-threads@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about our default pthread stack size

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> After squashing yet another "too small thread stack size" bug in
> software developed on Linux. I decided to ask gurus for the comment. Why
> we still insist that 64K is good enough for 32bit archs? I do understand

I suggested we double the stack size for 64-bit archs (making it
128K).  I could see going to 256K for 32-bit and 512K for 64-bit.

We haven't worried too much about stack size since everything
has been running with libc_r for years without too many problems
and it's been using the same stack size.

--
DE