Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 19:22:48 -0600
From:      Michael Owens <owensmk@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATI Rage Mobility P and XFree86-4

I have a Dell Inspiron 7500 running FreeBSD 4.2 STABLE and XF86 3.3.6, which
has been working wonderfully for a long time now.

I installed the XF86-4 port today and despite what I do with the XF86Config
file, the server bombs. I'm pretty sure the config file is correct.

This machine has an ATI Rage Mobility P, which is supported in 3.3.6. XFree86
indicated that all cards in 3.3.6 should be supported in 4.0. But I cannot
seem to get the server to work.

Does anyone else have an Inspiron running FreeBSD and XF86-4, or have any
suggestions?