Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 14:00:47 GMT
From:      steven@shellnet.co.uk (Steven Fletcher)
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IPFW and IPLTD

Hi all

I'm trying to setup some bandwidth limiting procedures for our network
connection, setting our FreeBSD 3.0-SNAP 04/08 box up with IPFW and
IPLTD.

I believe that I understand how IPFW works from the basic port
restriction methods, but I feel a little out of my depth when trying
to comprehend how IPLTD links in with the ipfw.

What kind of rule will I need to add to the ipfw list in order for
this to work - and I am also in the belief that ipltd can limit
traffic on a per-IP/per network card system.... but am still  pretty
much clueless as to how it integrates with the ipfw.

Could anyone throw any hints my way - as the documentation supplied
with ipltd seems a little sketchy ;)

Thanks;

-Steven Fletcher (steven@shellnet.co.uk)
Shellnet - http://www.shellnet.com/