Date:      Thu, 06 Jul 2000 22:33:50 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>, Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No port of Opera? (Was: ((FreeBSD : Linux) :: (OS/2 : Windows)))

> Which way do you think of as "up?"

Giving the users what they want now rather than trying to socially
engineer either them or the ISVs in unrealistic and impractical ways.
You seem to be under the highly misguided impression that simply by
giving ISVs some sort of FreeBSD compatability option for Linux,
they'll flock to it in droves.  Clearly, you have never been or worked
for an ISV of any size or you would not hold such hallucinogenic
thoughts in your head.

> In any event, Jordan, I'd kinda hoped that you'd appreciate a
> perspective that takes a wider view -- both spatially and
> temporally -- of the world.

This is the classic delusional mindset at work.  Because I refuse to
belive that you are Napoleon even though you walk around with one hand
stuck in your vest and call for Josephine at night in your sleep, I am
in your eyes simply unable to see the larger picture and perceive the
parallel universe in which you ARE Napoleon.  The failure is mine.
How convenient, eh? :)

- Jordan