Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 2003 10:13:08 -0300
From:      Paulo Fragoso <paulo@nlink.com.br>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Limit for smtp connection

Hi,

How can we limit the number of simultaneously accepted
connections from the same IP address to our smtp server?

We are using qmail+daemontools+spamcontrol+qmailscanner+spamd, but
sometimes there are floods from same IP to our server (smtp port),
reaching connetions limit configured on tcpserver startup (tcpserver -c
#). We can't increase this limit because it can kill other process by
out swap (DoS).

We have found some SMTP server on the internet which accept no more than
5 simultaneusly connection from our SMTP server. How to implement this
using qmail+tcpserver?

Paulo.