Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2001 07:59:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Pete Perreault <peterp@above.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problems during a make

After I attempt a make on a port I get this error.

Error: your port uses an old layout.  Please update it to match this
bsd.port.mk.  If you have updated your ports collection via cvsup and are
still getting this error, see Q12 and Q13 in the cvsup FAQ on
http://www.polstra.com for further information.
*** Error code 1

I have updated my port collection with cvsup but either I don't really
understand questions 12 and 13 from the indicated url or they don't
pertain to me and I need another fix.  Q12 refers to cvsup deleting files
for which you need a checkouts file which I have and Q13 tells which tag
to use to pull the current branch.

At this point I am at a loss, any help would be appreciated.

Pete