Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:21:06 +0100
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        Danny <dannyh@idx.com.au>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HowTo Copy and Paste in FreeBSD?

At 21/02/00, Danny wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Situation
>
>After using FreeBSD for a long time I have nevered figured out how to copy and
>paste things in KDE and in the terminal session.
>
>I am running KDE (that comes with FreeBSD 3.3)
>FreeBSD 3.3
>
>Question
>
>1) How exactly do I copy and paste documents in KDE and in a command prompt
>session ?

The cut and paste is generally make in X with the 3rd mouse button (the
middle one).
Selecting text with the left button, then press the middle button in other
applications make a paste.

If your mouse has not 3 buttons try to press both of them togheter to act
like the 3rd button.
Btw it depends on how your X server is configured...

Hope it helps...

P.s.
The cut and paste works also in the console if the "moused"  daemon is
properly started...

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it