Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 20:57:57 -0500
From:      "Mike Gruver" <mgruver@carolina.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <brownicm@prokyon.com>
Subject:   Re: How to use simple firewall with DHCP?

Thanks for responding to my question.  Sorry about the html encoding.  I
just upgraded my email client and it changed my defaults.  Got it fixed.

Thank you for the information about the /var/db/dhclient.leases.  I think
that is the key.  Now, If anyone knows how to parse this file and use it as
input to the values I can uses it as input to the rc.firewall.

I did as much research as I could on dhclient and there did not appear to be
a query form of the command to return the network, ip, or subnet mask.
These are the precise values I need for the rc.firewall.

It looks like the values in dhclient.leases are encapsulated in brackets {}
and the modifier "lease".

As you might guess, I am not a big shell script afficianado.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mike Gruver