Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:06:02 +0100
From:      herbert langhans <herbert.raimund@gmx.net>
To:        Bernt Hansson <bernt@bah.homeip.net>
Cc:        "Dave M." <davidf100@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Midnight Commander - Where is the subshell?

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:05:31AM +0100, Bernt Hansson wrote:
> herbert langhans said the following on 2009-12-30 09:21:
> > On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 02:22:29AM +0000, Dave M. wrote:

> >> Hello,
> >> Check your directory permissions on ~home/.mc
> >
> > I tried 777 on ~/.mc - still the same problem.
> >
> > How about other listers Midnight Commander? Is it the same on your computers?
>  > Maybe I will write to the port maintainerabout it,
>  > for the case it is a common bug.
>

> I have no problems with mc subshell. You can move ~/.mc to some other
> name and start over.

Fascinating. I have the 'no subshell' phenomenon on the desktop and the laptop. Tried also from another user login, still the same. Root can use mc-subshell, but users get a blank screen with CTRL-o.

It even seems to be not a common problem. Just common on my FreeBSD-computers..

Cheers
herb langhans

--
sprachtraining langhans