Date:      Wed, 02 Sep 1998 18:22:17 -0500
From:      Ryan <rryttie@fm-net.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   having trouble getting programs to work with luigi driver...

The luigi driver activated my soundcard (Awe64) but even after a MAKEDEV
snd0 It
still doesn't work to any application like mp3 players or midi
players...

/dev/dsp: Device not configured

That is the error that midi and mpeg audio players give me... yet, the
soundcard
obviously works, because line in, and the cd player both work.  I've got
the lines
that are in my Kernel for the luigi driver,  and the messages log from
bootup.

controller      pnp0
device pcm0 at isa? port ? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x15 vector pcmintr

/kernel: Probing for PnP devices:
/kernel: CSN 1 V
/kernel: endor ID: CTL009e [0x9e008c0e] Serial 0x0df3b5d7
/kernel: pcm1 (SB16pnp <SB16 PnP> sn 0x0df3b5d7) at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
flags 0x15 id 16

Can anyone help me figure out what is wrong?  e-mail me as well please.

Thanx.