Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 1997 19:02:01 -0800
From:      "Mark Dickey" <mark@bestweb.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Questions

I am trying to run FreeBSD on my PC.  I have two hard drives, one is 1.6 GB
and one is 3.1 GB.  My BIOS only supports 2.1 GB hard drivers or smaller,
so It thinks I have one 2.1 GB and a 1.6 GB hard drives.

I am looking into a EIDE Adapter from GSI called the 2C.  It is labeled
16-bit Dual-Channel EIDE Adapter. It is supposed to upgrade the BIOS so it
recongized hard drives over 2.1.  Will this work with FreeBSD?

Mark Dickey
BestWeb
support@bestweb.net
mark@bestweb.net