Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 2003 20:00:38 -0800
From:      "Michael Lamb" <mlamb@o1.com>
To:        <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IBM Thinkpad 600E

First time poster and susbscriber, someone suggested that I email my
findings to the freebsd-current list, so hopefully this is the right
place.

I have been playing with FreeBSD 5.0 on my Thinkpad 600E and could not
get the pccard to work at at all. So I searched thru some of the
archives and pieced some information together enough to get it working.

I was able to get it working by disabling acpi by adding the following
in /boot/device.hints:

hint.acpi.0.disabled=3D"1"

And it was also recommended in some resent posts to the list to add this
to the same file to get pccard cardbus to work:

hw.cbb.start_memory=3D"0x20000000"

From there I just added the following to /etc/rc.conf:
apm_enable=3D"YES"
apmd_enable=3D"YES"

Hopefully someone might find this information helpful if it has not
already been brought up.

--=20
Michael Lamb - mlamb@o1.com
Sr. Network Engineer - O1 Communications