Date:      Tue, 04 Mar 2003 07:56:27 -0800
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Tim Robbins <tjr@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Removal of netns

Tim Robbins wrote:
> Is there a compelling reason why I shouldn't remove netns? That is, does
> it serve a purpose now that it could not serve if it was moved to the
> Attic?

Might as well move /sys/i386/conf/GENERIC to the attic while
you are at it.  It can serve it's purpose from there, too.

Is there a compelling reason for doing this, other than "I
want to make some API/locking change, but I don't want to
have to keep this code working at the same time"?  Maximizing
bit-rot in order to avoid effort is a bad thing, particularly
when it's done by the person who is making the change that
causes the rot: that person is the person most qualified in
the world to correct the bit-rot (or prevent it from happening),
in that they have the best understanding of *why* their change
broke something.

-- Terry