Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 13:15:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Gethostbyaddr failed...

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Doug White wrote:

> The easiest thing to is checkout the sendmail source from the FreeBSD
> source tree, drop into cf/cf, copy freebsd.mc to local.mc, make changes to
> local.mc as appropriate, then run `make' to build a new config file.
> Copy to /etc & kill -HUP sendmail to finish.
>
> I can do a checkout & tar.gz that up for you.

Had to put it on the back burner for a bit, finally got around to trying
this again. I must say I didnt see the Makefile in the /cf directory. I
was calling m4 the long way that i got from the sendmail book.

I run diff's on my .cf files after I make them to see what exactly
changed and overall not alot.

Right now I have built two new .cf files, but as I did this from remote I
have to wait till I get home to try them out to see how they work (if
they do at all!)

At any rate it would be interesting if you would do up one for me and
then I can compare it to what I have built here.

thanks much Doug.

regards,
Keith