Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 14:57:26 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USE_AUTOEXTRACT option for bsd.port.mk

Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@corecode.ath.cx> wrote:

> how about an implicity AUTOEXTRACT

I suspect that this will break some ports right now.  I think we
want to get there eventually, but it's a policy question (read:
portmgr decision) how to perform the switchover.

> that can be disabled by USE_ZIP, USE_BZIP2 and NO_AUTOEXTRACT?

Actually, if we keep them around to set EXTRACT_SUFX, USE_{BZIP2,ZIP}
are not any more likely to conflict with autoextract than the default
.tar.gz archives.  The use of EXTRACT_CMD, EXTRACT_BEFORE_ARGS,
EXTRACT_AFTER_ARGS would need to disable autoextract, though.
Converting existing usage to autoextract is straightforward, it's
just a bit of work.