Date:      Wed, 23 Oct 1996 19:43:42 +0000
From:      Jason Lixfeld <carrera@idirect.com>
To:        bsdi-users <bsdi-users@bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, info-bsdi-users@bsdi.com
Subject:   rc file discrepency

I have FreeBSD 2.1.5 on my machine with only a dialup connection (Lame,
I know!)  Since it is a dynamic IP, I'm looking to streamline my
configuration for the best results considering my dialup predicament.
I'm not sure wether to run routed, or gated, wether or not to use
resolf.conf or named or both, or wether I should setup my machine as a
DNS to see if that will make it hum.  Anyhow, if you guys could
recommend something to streamline a dynamic IP and make this thing fly,
I'd appreciate it! :)

BRW:  When freeBSD boots, it loads the rc file, and it calls syslogd.  I
get an error that says bind: cannot find selected IP or something to
that effect.  Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it.

Thanks..